My Town - Part 1

Some photos of my hometown.....This is the Rail Chowk (where four roads meet). The monument depicts a long railway track surrounding the Earth.



The most famous verse from the Bhagvad Gita (a holy book of Hindus) and the one I remember most clearly (credit goes to The Mahabharata serial on tv) comes to my mind whenever I see the famous picture of Lord Krishna as the charioteer and Arjun in the seat during the battle of Kurukshetra.



Verse in Sanskrit

Verse in English Alphabet

Yada yada hi dharmasya
Glanir bhavati bharata
Abhyutthanam adharmasya
Tadatmanam srjamy aham
~ Bhagavad Gita (Chapter IV-7)

TRANSLATION

Whenever and wherever there is decay
of righteousness, O Bharata,
And a rise of unrighteousness
then I manifest Myself!

OR

Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion--at that time I descend Myself.

paritranaya sadhunam
vinasaya ca duskrtam
dharma-samsthapanarthaya
sambhavami yuge yuge
~ Bhagavad Gita (Chapter IV-7)

TRANSLATION

In order to deliver the pious and to annihilate the miscreants, as well as to reestablish the principles of religion, I advent Myself millennium after millennium.

The monument in my town's only and most happening shopping and eating area depicts the famous picture and shloka in bronze.



The only stadium of my town:-



Some trees of my town :-



No comments: